Karaoke Contest Rules
Registration filled out and signed prior to contest, along with the $25 registration fee, which should be mailed to the Ocean Shores/North Beach Chamber of Commerce at PO Box 382, Ocean Shores WA 98569 or in person at the Chamber Office located at 114 E Chance a la Mer, Unit 100, Ocean Shores WA 98569. Payment of Cash, Check, or Credit Card is accepted.
Everyone under the age of 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign the registration.
There can be No allowances for revisions to the registration form after filling.
1. Contest starts at 7:00 PM on March 17th, 2018 at the Ocean Shores Convention Center.
2. Lineup for contestants performing in the Karaoke Contest will begin 20 minutes before the start of the contest. Contestants are to meet at the Karaoke Contest Table near the stage. If you are late you could be disqualified.
3. You will be given a number upon arrival to show you place in the contest lineup.
4. Contestants cannot have a current recording contract with a record label or distribution company. A contestant will be deemed ineligible if he or she has released a single with a record or distribution company, which has commercial sales distribution.
5. Upon registration the contestant must pick 3 songs, DJ will pick song at random that contestant will sing.
6. All performances must be family friendly. Songs containing explicit, or sexual lyrics will not be permitted. Contestants who during their performance use obscene language will be disqualified from the competition.
7. Contestants may sing the same song as another contestant.
8. You will not be able to change the “Entry Form” after it has been registered.
9. No flash effects, fake blood, spewing liquids, etc.
10. Any on stage props must be approved by event staff before your performance.
11. We reserve the right to disqualify an entrant or stop performance if we feel it has become inappropriate. Removal of clothing, jumping from the stage, damaging equipment, etc. will result in immediate disqualification.
12. Decisions of the judges are final. Any contestant who attempts to argue with the judges or staff may be disqualified from competition.
13. Contestants, their family, or associates that exhibit offensive behavior during any portion of the contest will disqualify that contestant from any further competition. If the contestant, their family, or associates exhibits offensive behavior after the contestant has competed and such behavior is in the host establishment even after the winners are announced, the contestants score will be nullified. If the contestant whose score has been nullified is in a winning contestant, the next contestant in scoring position for the evening shall be the winner.